From www.EverydayPaleo.com The ingredients for Breakfast Egg Cupcakes are extremely versatile, so think about your favorite egg omelet variations and get creative. Try all different combo’s. How about a Bacon, Egg and Cheese Egg Cupcake? Yum! That might be on the horizon for me to try….
10 -12 eggs whisked well with Himalayan salt and black pepper to taste 3 green onion (scallions) 2 zucchini 1-2 big handfuls of spinach 1-2 big handfuls of kale (stems and spine removed) 1/2 a jar of roasted red and yellow peppers (I like fire roasted peppers) 6-8 slices of COOKED bacon (preferably no nitrates)
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease with olive oil two muffin pans.
- Whisk all your eggs in a big bowl and add salt and pepper.
- Throw spinach and kale into the food processor and pulse until finely chopped ( I always chop my leafy greens first ).
- In a food processor throw in the green onion, zucchini, bacon, and peppers and pulse until finely chopped but NOT smooth.
- Add entire mixture to your eggs.
- Mix the egg mixture well and using a 1/4 measuring cup, fill the muffin pans.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the eggs are set in the middle.
TIP: These freeze great, make two batches at a time and freeze one in a freezer safe container for future use. My mantra is ” Cook Once, Eat Multiple Times “ Makes approximately 16 – 20 egg cupcakes