- Blend until the ingredients reach a milk shake like consistency.
- Try using frozen bananas for a frosty Smoothie
- I occasionally add cacao nibs or cacao powder for a chocolate fix (its loaded with anti oxidants too)
- If I want to use this Smoothie as a meal I add a tablespoon of almond butter to the mixture.
* I usually make homemade Almond Milk in my VitaMix Blender, however for those of you who cannot or will not make it from scratch they do sell Almond Milk in the supermarket. It’s located in the dairy section of the store by the milk. Some of the brands available are Almond Breeze or Silk Pure Almond. Their websites ( which I linked in this post for your convenience ) usually offer printable coupons. Be sure that you purchase plain UNSWEETENED almond milk and not Vanilla or Chocolate which has added sugar.