1/2 pound shiitake mushrooms
1 tablespoon olive oil
1-2 cloves crushed garlic
1 bunch kale, chopped and stems removed and discarded ( go ahead rip them out with your hands!)
a dash of red pepper flakes (optional)
rice vinegar and sesame oil (optional)
pinch of salt
- Warm oil in pan on medium heat with minced garlic and red pepper (if your are using it) until aromas of garlic are released, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add chopped shiitake mushrooms, stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped kale, stir-fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add a splash of water and a pinch of salt to the pan, cover and let steam for 4 minutes.
- Add rice vinegar and/or sesame oil to your liking (optional)
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Approximately 4 servings