10 organic or free range eggs
5 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
4 scallions, green and white parts, chopped
1-2 boxes frozen spinach, thawed and drained in a colander
2 cups mozzarella cheese (I use lower fat cheese as long as the carbs are low)
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
4-5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
salt and pepper to taste
1. Beat eggs, scallions, bacon, spinach and both cheeses together until well combined, add salt and pepper to taste.
2. Coat a large skillet with olive oil (I use a Misto Sprayer) and pour egg mixture into the skillet.
3. Place sliced tomatoes on top of the egg mixture in a decorative pattern (see photo) and push into the frittata.
4. Cover the skillet with its lid and cook over a medium low heat until the egg mixture sets, approximately 5-10 minutes. Check the eggs frequently to avoid burning the bottom.
5. When frittata is set (insert a knife to test, the eggs should hold form and not be too loose).
6. Put skillet under broiler. Handle should be positioned as far out of the oven as possible. Watch carefully while top browns. This will usually take 2-4 minutes
7. Remove skillet from oven and let sit for about 5 minutes to finish cooking in center.
8. Cut in wedges and serve.
Click the link to learn more information on how to make the perfect frittata.