3 ounces prosciutto
1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
salt & pepper
½ cup balsamic vinegar
1-2 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Carefully cut prosciutto slices in half lengthwise. (Most of the time I end up ripping them apart, its all good!)
- Begin taking 3 asparagus spears, lining them up at the top and cutting them at the bottoms, the same length. They should be approximately 4-5 inches long.
- Wrap each bundle of three spears in a strip of prosciutto and place the bundle on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil. (I use a Misto Sprayer instead of drizzling)
- Sprinkle each bundle with salt and pepper, place in oven and roast for approximately 10 minutes.
- While the bundles are roasting make the balsamic reduction; in a small saucepanheat balsamic vinegar and garlic over a medium heat until it simmers.
- Gently simmer and allow the balsamic to reduce down into a syrup-y liquid and become infused with the smashed garlic cloves. That’s your balsamic reduction!
- Take asparagus bundles out of the oven, place in a serving dish.
- Remove smashed garlic cloves from the balsamic reduction and drizzle over the bundles.
TIP: The bunch of asparagus that I purchased made 12 bundles with one stalk left over. If you are having a lot of people consider doubling this recipe to ensure that you’ll have enough to go around. Look for asparagus that are firm, bright green with tips that are tightly closed. I like to use thin stalked asparagus in this recipe. I always bunch them in three’s. Its a design trick, always group in odd numbers 🙂