1 container of fresh strawberries
2 cups almond flour, blanched
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 tablespoon butter, room temperature
2 tablespoons sugar free honey or agave nectar
1 & 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract – Learn How To Make Vanilla Extract Here!
whipped cream (optional but yummy!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash and slice the strawberries into little cubes, as small or as large as you’d like.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients; almond flour, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Using a pastry blender or large fork, cut the butter into the almond flour and incorporate the two. It will be slightly chunky and the butter will form little beads with the almond flour.
- In a separate bowl, whisk wet ingredients; eggs, sugar free honey and vanilla.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients until well combined.
- Drop large tablespoons of dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Make eight cakes. Be mindful to leave some space between cakes.
- Bake for 15- 20 minutes or until the cakes are lightly browned.
- Allow cakes to cool, slice in half (horizontally) and spoon some strawberries on the bottom half. Spray whipped cream on top of strawberries and put the top on or to the side of the dish.