1 medium spaghetti squash
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon olive or walnut oil
salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice squash in half lengthwise.
- Rub the cut side with olive oil and place them oiled side down on a baking sheet.
- Roast 40 to 60 minutes or until a fork easily pierces flesh.
- When cooked, scoop out the flesh into a bowl and discard the skin.
- Separate the flesh into strands.
- Toss with butter, salt and pepper to taste.
Sometimes I boil the squash to cook it.
How To Boil Spaghetti Squash
- Heat a pot of water large enough to hold the whole squash.
- When the water is boiling, gently and carefully drop in the squash and cook for 20 to 30 minutes, depending on its size.
- When a fork goes easily into the flesh, the squash is done.
- Continue with the directions above from #5 on.
Tip: I use the left over water in the boiling pot and put it to good use. Let the water cool to room temperature and water your houseplants or garden with it! Your plants will love the nutrients and you’ve done something great for Mother Earth!