Calling all fruit dessert lovers! This is the recipe for you!!! I stumbled upon this recipe in a Paleo cookbook that I recommend called Paleo Comfort Foods by Julie & Charles Mayfield. As you know I usually tweak recipes to suit my taste but this one is delicious all on its own!
Kudos to the Mayfields!
This is how I see it…This recipe is a simple to make and excellent dish. It can be eaten as a:
- Side dish to poultry or pork
- Healthy snack (children love it)
- Great dessert paired with low carb vanilla ice cream. (perhaps a drizzle sugar free caramel sauce too!)
It’s extremely versatile, delicious and wholesome! You choose during which course you’d like to serve it!
TIP: For a sweeter use McIntosh apples and for a more tart flavor use Pink Lady or Granny Smith (green) Apples.
3 apples, cored and cut into cubes
1 tablespoon butter
2 teaspoons cinnamon
½ cup pecans, chopped
- Bring sauté pan to a medium heat.
- Toast chopped pecans for 4-5 minutes.
- Add butter to pan, once melted add apples and cinnamon.
- Sauté for 5-7 minutes occasionally moving the apples around.