5 tablespoons butter, divided
1/4 cup almond flour
1 dash ground nutmeg
1 cup heavy cream
4 ounces cream cheese (softened)
1 small onion, minced
(2) 10-oz. packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed
1/4 cup water (optional)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan over a low-medium heat. Stir in almond flour, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Slowly whisk in heavy cream, cream cheese and whisk until thickened and smooth.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Melt remaining butter in askillet.
- Sauté onions until transparent. Add spinach and water, and cook for 8 minutes.
- Stir spinach into creamy mixture.
- Return to heat until warmed through.
- Fold in Parmesan cheese.