1 cup almond flour
1 cup pecans, chopped
3 teaspoons cinnamon
½ – 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/3 cup coconut oil
2 tablespoons sugar-free honey or agave nectar
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
5-7 small to medium apples, peeled, cored and sliced (See Note)
juice of ½ lemon
OPTIONAL: 3 teaspoons butter and 1 tablespoon PureVia or Truvia all natural sweetener
NOTE: for a more tart crisp use “granny smith” (green) apples – for sweeter or milder crisp use “yellow delicious” apples.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, pecans, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, nutmeg and PureVia (if using) in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mash together coconut oil, sugar free honey and vanilla extract. Mix into dry ingredients.
- Place apple slices in approximately 9 x 9 baking dish.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the top.
- Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon and dot with butter if using.
- Spread apples with the topping and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 20-30 minutes or until the apples are bubbly and the topping is golden brown.
- This dessert is great alone and wonderful paired with low carb, sugar-free vanilla ice-cream. I like my crisp warm and my ice cream cold!
- This dish can be made in advance and warmed up before serving.