1 tablespoon coconut oil
4-6 oxtail pieces
2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
1 large Spanish onion, roughly chopped
3 carrots, peeled and sliced in 1 inch pieces
2 turnips, peeled and roughly chopped into cubes
2 stalks celery, chopped into 1 inch pieces
5 large cherry tomatoes, halved
3 cups beef broth
4 slices bacon, chopped
salt, pepper, and a dash of cayenne (optional but recommended 🙂 )
- Heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat.
- Brown the oxtails on all sides. Place them in the slow cooker.
- Season the oxtails with salt and pepper, and cayenne, if using.
- Fry the garlic until fragrant.
- Add vegetables to the pan and fry for 3-5 minutes until they begin to brown.
- Add just enough beef broth so you can easily scrape up any bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Pour beef broth into the slow cooker.
- Add vegetable mixture to the slow cooker. Do not stir.
- Top the slow cooked contents with chopped bacon.
- Secure the lid and cook for 4-5 hours on HIGH.