From Paleo Comfort Foods
2 pounds sweet potatoes, approximately 2 large
¼ cup coconut milk, unsweetened
2 eggs. lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (make your own Vanilla Extract)
1 tablespoon butter
2 teaspoons cinnamon, ground
1 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
1 teaspoon lemon zest (optional)
½ cup chopped pecans
salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and cube sweet potatoes, boil on stove until very tender, approximately 30 minutes. Test by sticking with a fork for done-ness.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain sweet potatoes and return to pot. With a handheld mixer, combine potatoes with coconut mild and incorporate the two ingredients well.
- Add eggs, vanilla, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon zest (if using).
- Spread sweet potato mixture into a greased 9×9 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans on top.
- Bake 20-30 minutes or until golden brown on top.
This recipe can be made a 2-3 days in advance and refrigerated until needed.