1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin (1 packet)
¼ cup cold water
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice blend
15 ounce can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
1 ½ cup heavy cream
6 packets of PureVia natural sweetener
2 teaspoons vanilla extract (get my recipe for Vanilla Extract)
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over water and let sit 5 minutes until the gelatin expands and it absorbs the water.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, toast pumpkin pie spice over a medium heat until fragrant. Stir frequently. Reduce to low heat and stir in the gelatin mixture.
- Cook 1-2 minutes until gelatin melts into a liquid.
- Remove skillet from heat and let come to room temperature.
- Place pumpkin puree in a bowl and mash well with a fork.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on high, beat heavy cream, PureVia and vanilla extract until soft peaks form.
- With a rubber spatula, gently combine cooled gelatin mixture and the pumpkin puree mixture.
- Fold whipped cream into pumpkin puree mixture
- Divide into 8 mousse glasses and chill for 2 hours.
- Put a dollop of real whipped cream on top and lightly sprinkle with cinnamon.
TIP: For a super elegant touch, serve the mousse in a Martini Glass just like I did. You can find really spectacular Martini Glasses at Pier 1 Imports. I especially love shopping there around the holiday’s. They carry the most festive tableware!