Ham and eggs go perfectly together…just like bread and butter (except we choose not to eat that!) Here is a fun breakfast selection that kids really love eating. It’s also sophisticated enough to serve as an elegant brunch selection. I first spotted the recipe in one of my favorite books Paleo Comfort Foods. Extremely versatile, you can experiment with different vegetable combinations. If you decide to be daring and try some new veggie combo’s, Leave me a comment and let me know what they are! I’ve mentioned before how important a protein and vegetable breakfast is for beginning your busy day on the right foot. This breakfast will not cause blood sugar to spike so you’ll have steady energy straight through to lunch!
½ cup mushrooms, chopped
½ cup shallots, chopped
12 large eggs
12 slices ham, medium thickness
salt and fresh pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sauté shallots and mushrooms in skillet with butter. Sprinkle with salt and fresh pepper.
- Coat large muffin pan with non stick spray (I use my Misto Sprayer) and place one ham slice in each muffin hole. TIP: Cut a sliver in each ham slice to allow it to fold over itself when placed in the muffin hole.
- Spoon out some of the sautéed mushrooms and shallots into each ham slice cup.
- Crack individual eggs into the ham cups.
- Cook for 15 – 17 minutes or until the edge of the ham is slightly crisp and the eggs look cooked.