Low Carbers beware, dates (the major ingredient in this recipe) contain a lot of natural sugar. These should be eaten in moderation and on occasion as a treat. They are really yummy and kids love them!
20 medjool dates, pit removed
1/2 cup almond butter
1/4 cup coconut flour
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (I used cacao powder – a super-food!)
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
coconut flakes, finely shredded
- In a food processor, process the dates until crumbled.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the coconut flakes and mix together.
- The mixture will be very thick. Try to make it as smooth as possible…so let it process a 20-30 seconds at least.
- Using your hands, roll little balls and then roll in shredded coconut flakes to coat.
- I store the left over Date Balls in the refrigerator.