My hubby Mike is a hunter and every year he brings home a freezer full of game meat. This year he hunted Fallow Deer. I decided to purchase a dehydrator and try making jerky. My boys LOVE to eat jerky but what I noticed was that most jerky available at the supermarket has a ton of preservatives and additives in it, YUK!
You can eliminate all the unhealthy stuff that’s in store bought jerky by making it yourself. It was super easy to prepare and my boys loved it…they licked their fingers clean and beat their chests, LOL! You can use any kind of red meat for this recipe, it doesn’t have to be venison.
1 -5 lbs venison, cut into long strips
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon Club House La Grille Montreal Steak Spice (or spice mixture of your choosing)
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon Just Like Sugar, brown
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup of your favorite hot sauce
- Slice venison into long, thin strips.
- Combine all other ingredients into a large Ziploc bag, shake well to mix dry spices into liquids.
- Add beef strips (this recipe will easily marinate up to 5 lbs of beef strips).
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours but I recommend that you marinate the meat for at least 12 hours or better yet, overnight.
- Pat dry with cloth or paper towel and place into dehydrator for roughly 8-12 hours until dried out.