Nut cracker recipe adapted by Lisa from the Primal Blueprint Cookbook
1 ½ cups fine almond meal
½ cup ground flax meal
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons organic Italian Seasonings
1 cup Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well to create moist, sticky dough. Continue to add more water until you have a workable dough consistency.
- Using wet hands, place dough on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Using your fingers (I use a cake frosting angled spatula too), flatten the dough out into a thin rectangle measuring approximately 10 x 8 inches.
- Sprinkle with a little Himalayan or Sea salt.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the dough becomes dry and golden brown in appearance.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Once the dough is cooled use a pizza cutter (or just snap pieces apart) to create crackers.
- Serve immediately or store in an air tight container.