Sugar-free, low-carb recipe adapted from 1001 Low Carb Recipes by Dana Carpender.
1 package sugar-free lemon gelatin (Jell-O)
2 cups boiling water
2 cups plain Greek yogurt
2 teaspoons lemon extract
3 tablespoons Just Like Sugar –tabletop (or zero calorie sweetener of your choice)
¼ cup vanilla whey protein powder (I use Jay Robb)
- Put gelatin powder in a blender and add the water.
- Blend until gelatin dissolves, approximately 20 seconds.
- Add the other ingredients and blend well.
- Put the blender container in the refrigerator and let it chill for 10-15 minutes.
- Take it out and blend again for approximately 10 seconds, chill it for another 10 -15 minutes, and then give it another quick blend.
- Pour the sherbet mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Scoop balls of sherbet with an ice cream scooper and garnish with mint leaves.
TIP: Put leftovers in a freezer proof container with lid and freeze.