Makes 12 cups
12 slices bacon, partially cooked but still soft and pliable
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or shredded cheese of your choice)
pinch of salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
assorted fresh or dried chopped herbs – optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whip the eggs, salt, pepper, cheese and herbs (if using) with a fork.
- Spray non stick spray in 12 muffin tins.
- Wrap each piece of bacon inside the sides of each muffin cup.
- Fill each bacon lined muffin cup 3/4 of the way with the egg mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the egg cups are golden brown and don’t jiggle. Use a knife to scoop them out of the tins.
- Serve immediately.