Kale is a super- healthy and versatile vegetable. It can be used in soups, salads, slaws, smoothies, made into kale chips or simply sautéed with olive oil and served as a side dish.
Here’s my favorite way to prepare kale, because I LOVE me some crunch… Baked Kale Chips!
1 bunch of kale, washed and cut into chip sized pieces
1 teaspoon olive oil
sea salt to taste
apple cider vinegar – optional
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Place kale in a large Tupperware or zip-lock bag. Add ½ teaspoon olive oil in the bag and shake to coat leaves. Add another ½ teaspoon olive oil, close bag and shake again to be sure that all leaves are coated.
- Optional: add 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar to bag and shake to coat leaves.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Spread kale in a single layer and roast approximately 35-45 minutes or until crisp. Check and turn leaves every 10 minutes.
- When done remove from the oven and sprinkle with sea salt and serve.
Kale Chips can be stored in a zip lock bag for a few days.
I used Tuscan Kale for this recipe 😉