I LOVE coconut! I was looking around for a low carb coconut macaroon recipe when I stumbled on this recipe on Elana’s Pantry. I modified the original recipe to sugar-free by swapping honey for sugar-free honey sweetened with Xylitol. If you are are following a Paleo lifestyle or you don’t want to use alternative sweeteners use honey or agave nectar to sweeten the bars but that will impact your blood sugar.
To me, the bars taste like Coconut Custard Pie! Coconut is a healthy fat and is naturally gluten-free. Imagine drizzling some dark chocolate over them…yum!
1 cup almond milk (or coconut milk), unsweetened
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup sugar-free honey
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon stevia
½ cup blanched almond flour
1 tablespoon coconut flour
1 ½ cups unsweetened shredded coconut
¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix eggs, almond milk, coconut oil, sugar-free honey, vanilla extract and stevia in a food processor.
- Pulse in almond flour, coconut flour, shredded coconut and salt.
- Transfer ingredients into a greased (I use butter) 8×8 Pyrex baking dish.
- Bake for 30 to 50 minutes or until coconut is slightly browned.
- Cool for 30 minutes and then place in refrigerator to cool completely.
- Cut into rectangular bars and enjoy!
Purchase the Sugar-Free Honey for this recipe here: