2 pounds ground meat (I used venison)
¾ cup almond flour/meal
6-8 cups beef broth
5 carrots, peeled and sliced
½ turnip, peeled and cut into bite-sized cubes
1 onion, chopped
5 celery stalks, chopped
2 bay leaves
2 (14. oz or larger) cans crushed tomatoes
1 (8 oz) can tomato puree
sea salt, garlic powder and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine ground meat, almond meal and eggs and mix well. Add sea salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste and mix again.
- Shape into 1-inch balls and place ½ inch apart in a baking dish or pan coated with non-stick spray. Bake in oven for 10- 15 minutes.
- Put remaining ingredients in a Dutch Oven or soup pot. Add cooked meatballs and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 1 hour or until vegetables are tender.