1 cup pumpkin, canned
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/3 cup Swerve (or erythritol and 1 tsp stevia glycerite)
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
Sugar-Free Maple Syrup (optional but recommended)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Boil water in a teakettle and set aside. Generously grease an 8-inch cake pan or custard cups (I used butter).
- In a large bowl add the eggs and sweetener and mix gently. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well but not frothy.
- Pour the egg mixture into the greased pan (or custard cups). Place the flan filled pan into the roasting pan (water bath).
- Put the two pans into the preheated oven and add boiling water an inch or two up the sides of the custard pan. Cooking the custard surrounded by the water is called bain-marie. It distributes the heat more evenly.
- Cook the pumpkin flan for 45 minutes in a 325 degree oven. Check for done-ness by inserting a sharp thin knife into the center of the flan. If it comes out clean it is done.
Optional: drizzle with Sugar-Free Maple Syrup.
Slightly modified from http://mariahealth.blogspot.com/
Buy zero calorie, zero carb, all natural sweetener Swerve here:
Buy All Natural Sugar-Free Maple Syrup here: