1 venison roast (3 to 4 pounds)
10 whole garlic cloves, peeled
2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder, divided
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried thyme
7 medium carrots, quartered
5 small onions, quartered
½ turnip, peeled and diced
beef stock (organic and low sodium preferably)
sea salt and pepper to taste
- Cut 10 deep slits in roast; place a garlic clove in each slit. Combine the rosemary, 1 teaspoon onion powder, garlic powder and thyme; rub over entire roast.
- Cover; refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Pour beef stock over vegetables and into the roasting pan to approximately ½ inch.
- Roast at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or meat is thoroughly cooked and tender.
- Carve meat and place meat and vegetables to a serving platter, serve and enjoy!