This is a simple recipe that you can whip up and throw in the oven in less than 5 minutes. I urge you to try it even if you think you don’t like cauliflower! The roasting makes the taste mild and slightly sweet – uhhuh… I have prepared this recipe without the lemon juice, rosemary and garlic. I simply just cut up the cauliflower, drizzled it with olive oil, seasoned with sea salt and pepper and threw it in the oven. Its delicious that way too.
1 large cauliflower, about 2 pounds, cut into 1 1/2-inch florets
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
1 1/4 teaspoons sea or kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black or white pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the garlic. Toss to mix well and place in a large baking dish or shallow roasting pan.
- Place the pan in the oven and roast the cauliflower, turning once or twice, until tender and caramelized around the edges, 30 to 35 minutes.
- During the last 5 minutes of cooking, stir the garlic into the pan.
- Remove the pan from the oven and serve immediately.