I simply LOVE soup in the winter when it’s super cold outside, how about you? Here’s a delicious low carb recipe for New England Clam Chowder Soup from Atkin’s. Notice that the white potato chunks that are present in most Chowder recipes is missing…
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook cream until reduced by half, about 20 minutes.
- In a large saucepot over medium heat, cook bacon until slightly crispy, about 4 minutes. Drain off all but 1 tablespoon of fat, remove 2 tablespoons bacon and set aside for garnish.
- Add celery to pot with remaining bacon and cook until slightly softened, about 4 minutes. Stir in chicken broth, bottled clam juice and reserved clam juice and bring to a simmer for 3 minutes, until celery has completely softened.
- In a blender, purée cooked cauliflower and 2 cups of the soup broth until very smooth, about 2 minutes. (I use an Immersion Blender – much cleaner and easier) Return to saucepot.
- Stir in clams and bring soup to a simmer for 4 minutes. Turn heat off and stir in reduced cream, Worcestershire and Tabasco. Season with salt and pepper, garnish with reserved bacon and parsley and serve hot.
For more delicious low carb recipes that will warm your insides check out: