From Low Carb So Simple
1/2 cup unflavored (low carb) whey protein powder
2 teaspoons baking powder, aluminum free
1/2 cup almond butter (natural, unsweetened)
4 extra large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 300 °F (150 °C).
- Mix well the whey protein and baking powder in a small bowl.
- Beat the almond butter with an electric mixer in a large bowl until creamy.
- Add one egg at a time beating well after each addition until the batter is smooth, fluffy and bubbly.
- Combine the whey protein mixture with the almond butter mixture and beat well until creamy.
- Pour the batter in a 9 X 5 inch loaf pan (silicone pan makes for easy removal).
- Bake for 30–40 minutes.
- Let cool, remove from the pan and cut into slices.
If you don’t mind a hint of baking soda flavor in your bread, use 2 teaspoon baking soda and 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar for even more voluminous loaf. Mix the baking soda with the whey protein. Add the apple cider vinegar to the batter before adding the dry ingredients and beat well.