One of the hardest things about cutting out processed foods is not being able to eat bread, wraps or other “things” that hold food!
Here is an awesome recipe to create some wraps or taco shells!
2 cups of grated cauliflower (all the florets of a medium head)
3 eggs OR 4 egg whites
seasonings of your choosing to flavor the wrap (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Use a food processor, blender, or hand grater to grate the cauliflower into a crumb-like texture.
- Move the grated cauliflower to a pan and add 1/4 cup of water. Cover the pan and steam over medium-high heat for about 8-10 minutes. Just make sure to stir half-way through to avoid the cauliflower from burning. Keep in mind that you will have a bit more water to squeeze out.
- Place the steamed cauliflower in a fine hole sieve, on top of a bowl. Make sure to drain as much excess water as possible.. there is surprisingly A LOT of water in cauliflower.
- Mix the drained cauliflower, eggs and seasonings (if using) until smooth.
- Place the mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper into circles at about 1/4” thick.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Flip. Bake for another 5-7 minutes. This is important to dry out the tortilla.
- Move the tortillas to cooling rack to cool, so the bottom does not become soggy.
- Store them in the refrigerator.