I found this recipe on Maria Emmerich’s blog. If you like cinnamon and sugar, you are going to be in heaven! I might have went a little heavy on the cinnamon. In addition, I used almond meal instead of blanched almond flour … hence the dark, gingerbread color.
They came out scrumptious! I did have to back them longer than 10 minutes. They took about 16 minutes to bake with brown edges in my oven.
3/4 cup blanched almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 stick butter
1/2 cup Just Like Sugar (Brown)
1/4 cup Swerve (or erythritol and 1/2 tsp stevia glycerite)
1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter and natural sweeteners. Cream for a few minutes until very fluffy.
- In a separate bowl mix together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until smooth. Add egg and mix well.
- Roll 2 TBS of dough into a ball in your hands (for uniform shape) onto a cookie sheet.
- Place cookies about 2 inches apart. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until lightly golden around the edges.
- Cool and enjoy!
Makes approximately 12 large and delicious cookies!
Purchase all natural Just Like Sugar (Brown) and all natural Swerve here: