WOW! These little pop-um’s are delish! I make them every summer when strawberries are in season. They are the perfect dessert for a backyard party or picnic during the hot weather; light and no utensils needed! You can find lots of variations on the web of this dessert, but I like mine the best since I use all natural Swerve sugar substitute for the sweetener.
1 pound large or extra large strawberries
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
4 tablespoons granulated Swerve (or sugar substitute equivalent of your choosing)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon almond meal
1 teaspoon Swerve
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- With a mixer, blend the cream cheese, Swerve and vanilla.
- Spoon into a sandwich bag and put in the fridge to cool a little (optional – it firms up the cheesecake filling a bit).
- Meanwhile, wash and cut the tops off the strawberries. With a paring knife, hollow out each strawberry. If your strawberries are big enough, you can cut off the bottoms too so that they stand up on the plate!
- Take cream cheese mixture out of fridge and cut one bottom corner off of sandwich bag. Pipe cream cheese mixture into the hulled strawberries, squeezing out from bag through cut corner.
- In a separate bowl, stir all of the crumb topping ingredients together. Sprinkle mixture over each strawberry.
- Serve immediately (or they can be refrigerated if not serving immediately – cheesecake tastes better cold).
Purchase Swerve here: