Scientific research has revealed that coconut oil has oodles of health benefits for your entire body; both inside and out. I’ve been using coconut oil to saute’ vegetables, in my baking recipes and for moisturizing + nourishing my hair and skin for years.
Here are some of my most favorite and creative ways to use coconut oil:
Cooking And Eating
- Sauté Vegetables: Some oils (such as Olive Oil) are unsafe to cook with at high temperatures; coconut oil is a great alternative.
- Smoothies: Add one tablespoon of coconut oil into your favorite smoothie recipe and notice how your energy increases.
- Replace Vegetable Oil For Baking: The next time you bake, replace the vegetable oil in the recipe with coconut oil … the end product will be moist, healthier and delicious!
- Shaving Oil: Get a close shave and moisturize your skin all at the same time!
- Makeup Remover: Healthier, longer and stronger eyelashes will be yours to enjoy.
- Lip Balm: Apply directly to lips for a natural and moisturizing, coco-nutty treat.
- Stretch Mark Preventive: This safe, healthy oil can be applied multiple times each day to help moisturize your stretching skin.
- Sexual Lubricant: Um … Yup.
- Happy Bottom Cream: Apply regularly to your baby’s bottom to improve skin health.
- Massage Oil: Coconut oil is the perfect choice for massage oil. Not too greasy and it has a relaxing, enjoyable, tropical scent.
- Body Moisturizer: Apply directly to skin after showering.
- Elbow + Knee Moisturizer: Helps moisturize and manage any dry skin issues on elbows and knees.
- Leave-in Overnight Conditioner: Coconut Oil is a deep conditioning hair treatment. Rub a small amount into your hair (mostly at the ends), comb through and wash out in the morning.
- Hair Tamer: Use very sparingly on the ends of your hair to stop fly-away’s.
Other Not So Obvious Uses For Coconut Oil
- Metabolism Booster: Studies show that coconut oil can rev up your metabolism. Whoo Hoo!
- Thyroid Support: Regular consumption of coconut oil has been shown to support healthy thyroid function.
- Season A Cast Iron Pan: Coconut oil is a great choice for seasoning pans.
- Lubricant For Small Motors: You can lubricate small motors and engine workings with coconut oil!
- Great For Pets Too: Studies show that coconut oil provides health benefits for dogs and cats.
- Put It On Your Cat’s Paws: Put half a teaspoon on your kitty’s paw to keep a shiny coat and cut down on hairballs.