Fall is here in the North East and you know what that means – right?
PUMPKIN & APPLE SEASON!
Here is a delicious recipe that I modified slightly from Against All Grain that would make a simple yet elegant dessert or breakfast porridge on a cool, crispy morning. Pumpkin is a low glycemic food, so it’s a wonderful way to have that “fall flavor” without the blood sugar spike! You need ramekins to make this recipe. I’ve added a quick link below so they can be delivered straight to your doorstep (my favorite way to shop), or you can purchase them at any store that has kitchen and cooking essentials such as Bed, Bath & Beyond or Williams Sonoma.
I’m thinking that this would be a wonderful, light dessert to top off a Thanksgiving feast …
1 – 15 ounce can pumpkin puree (make sure pumpkin is the only ingredient)
½ cup coconut milk, unsweetened
½ cup grade sugar free maple syrup
3 eggs + 1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ground clove
¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
½ teaspoon lemon zest
pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk all of the ingredients together in a bowl, until smooth and there are no lumps visible.
- Pour the filling into individual ramekins, filling ¾ of the way full and dividing evenly.
- Place the filled ramekins on a rimmed baking sheet, then bake the custards for 25-30 minutes. They should jiggle slightly in the center when you remove them.
- Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for 1 hour prior to serving.
- Serve with coconut milk whipped cream or heavy cream whipped cream.
Purchase Ramekins for this recipe here and have them delivered straight to your doorstep:
For more Paleo recipes like this one, purchase the Against All Grain Cookbook by Danielle Walker here:
Purchase All Natural, Sugar Free Maple Syrup here: