Most of the Zucchini Bread recipes I come across are on the sweeter side, so I went out in search of a more savory tasting recipe to try out. I would absolutely NEVER enjoy savory before going sugar free … my taste buds have definitely changed, which is a very good thing!
I think this bread would go excellent as a side dish to an Italian or French inspired meal. I loved it warm out of the oven, so that’s how I recommend you eat it Goddess. Bake it and serve with your meal!
1/2 cup melted butter or coconut oil
1/2 teaspoon sea salt, plus more for sprinkling
3/4 cup coconut flour
2 cups shredded zucchini (I used both green and yellow)
1 tablespoon fresh thyme
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon baking soda, aluminum free
2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Mix the eggs, butter or coconut oil, apple cider vinegar, and zucchini.
- In a separate bowl, mix the coconut flour, sea salt, thyme, garlic powder, and baking soda.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix to combine
- Pour into a greased loaf pan and sprinkle the top with sea salt.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until cooked through.
- Best served warm in my opinion – Enjoy!
Variation: I made two loaves … in one I added 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese. It came out yummy! Simply add the cheese into the batter and bake as per directions.
Purchase the aluminum free baking powder for this recipe here: