EVERY Christmas growing up my mom made Snowball Cookies… she still says they’re her favorite.
You can imagine my thrill when I found a low carb and sugar free recipe for this quintessential holiday cookie on the website: All Day I Dream About Food. I made the recipe in my test kitchen today and all I can say is … YUM!
I totally recommend you make them too – Happy Holidays!
2 cups almond flour
1 cup finely chopped walnuts
2 tablespoon coconut flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon coarsely ground cardamom
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup Swerve Sweetener or other granulated erythritol
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon stevia extract
3/4 cup powdered Swerve Sweetener or other powdered erythritol
- For the cookies, preheat oven to 325F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, chopped walnuts, coconut flour, cardamom, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat butter with sweetener until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in egg, vanilla and stevia extracts.
- Beat in almond flour mixture until dough comes together.
- Form dough into 3/4 inch balls and place on baking sheets about 1 inch apart.
- Bake 18 minutes, or until just lightly golden brown.
- In a medium bowl, place powdered sweetener. While cookies are still warm, place in sweetener and roll around to coat.
- Sprinkle remaining powdered sweetener over cookies as they cool.