Oh my goodness … these bars are AMAZING … they’re rich and satisfying on every level!
I happen to be a big fan of coconut, so these bars really light me up! I found the recipe on the website Living Low Carb One Day At A Time and it’s a winner in my book! I upped the chocolate amount from the original recipe (4.5 ounces). There wasn’t enough for me to make a complete chocolate layer with 4.5 ounces of chocolate … and we NEED a complete layer of chocolate right?
YES, I thought so too!
3/4 cup almond flour
3/4 cup finely shredded coconut, unsweetened
3/4 cup sugar substitute (I used All Natural Swerve Sugar Substitute)
1 cup + 2 tablespoons almond butter
2 tablespoons coconut oil
8 ounces sugar free chocolate (I use ChocoPerfection Bars)
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut, and sweetener.
- Over medium-low heat melt 1 cup of almond butter and coconut oil.
- Once melted, add the almond butter to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Press the mixture into a 8″ x 8″ baking dish.
- Over medium-low heat melt 2 tablespoons of almond butter and the chocolate.
- Once melted, pour the chocolate over the almond butter mixture and smooth out the top for even coverage.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until the almond butter mixture has set. To reduce the amount of time for the almond butter mixture to set place the bars in the freezer until set.
- Cut into 12 even bars.