What I’ve learned over the years that I’ve been teaching women how to eat better, live a healthier lifestyle and lose excess weight is that… staying the course has very little (or nothing) to do with willpower and everything to do with good strategy.
In a nutshell, those who succeed at a weight loss or healthy eating program do not have greater willpower than those who fall off the wagon… they simply have better strategies and use them!
Most of my clients walk into their initial consultation with me knowing exactly how to eat and live healthy… as a matter of fact, they can recite (off the top of their heads) all the things they should be doing. They’ve read diet book after diet book, they lost and gained the same 30- 50 pounds over and over. But despite all their knowledge and weight loss successes in the past, they’ve yet to be successful at keeping it off for good.
Because life is hectic … shit happens all the time that messes with zen, overwhelm, cravings, waiting too long to eat, etc. ect. etc.
Here are six of my favorite success strategies that will help keep you on the sugar free, healthy path:
- Front load your day with food. Make sure the bulk of your eating is done by 3pm. Eat a large breakfast and lunch, dinner should be your smallest meal.
- Keep a food diary. Writing down everything you eat and drink is a great way to keep tabs on your eating. I suggest investing in a Food Diary App for your smartphone or simply using a small spiral notebook. Put the date on the top of the page and start writing. Easy-peasy.
- Listen to a meditation on healthy mindful eating every day or as many times a day as you need. The programming works on your subconscious and it’s been proven to be very effective.
- Don’t let yourself get overly hungry. Be mindful to eat every few hours to keep your hunger at a controllable level. I’ve been known to stuff the first thing in my mouth when I walk through the door if I’ve gone too long without eating.
- Keep washed and cut up veggies or sting cheese in your fridge at all times for quick grabbing.
- Place a drop of Peppermint Essential Oil (food grade only) in your water or in your mouth to stave cravings. I use and recommend Young Living Oils.
Do you have any success strategies to share? I’d love to hear them, please put them below in the comments?