Many women crave CHOCOLATE – so, this recipe is for YOU! We had some friends over for dinner a couple of Sunday’s ago and I put out a plate of this fudge… it all went… there were full sugar desserts on the table too.
This is good stuff!
This recipe is from Low Carbing Amongst Friends, Vol 3
1/2 cup coconut oil or butter
1/2 cup natural peanut butter, smooth
2 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
liquid sugar substitute equal to 1 cup sugar (I used my Sugar Free Simple Syrup Recipe)
1/3 cup vanilla whey protein powder (I used Jay Robb brand)
1/3 cup cocoa powder
Dash of salt
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Butter a 5×7-inch baking dish or pan and line with parchment or wax paper, leaving an overhang on two sides to aid removal. Butter paper also.
- Melt the butter and peanut butter together in a medium saucepan over low heat or on low setting in microwave for 1 to 2 minutes. Mix together well.
- In a second bowl, beat cream cheese to soften, and then beat into peanut butter mixture until blended and smooth. Stir in vanilla and sugar substitute.
- In another bowl, whisk together the whey protein powder, cocoa powder, and salt until blended.
- Sift dry ingredients into wet ingredients and beat until smooth. Stir in nuts, if using. Spread fudge in prepared pan and chill or freeze until set.
- Remove fudge from pan and cut into 20 squares. (It is very rich, so I recommend keeping the servings small.)
Store in refrigerator or freezer. May be eaten frozen.