My promise to you as a Sugar Free Goddess is that you’ll always enjoy delicious and nutritious foods!
This recipe is a perfect example… it’s yummy and took about 20 minutes to make from start to finish! My sons don’t like mushrooms, so I simply picked out the mushrooms on their plates.
Time Saving Tip: I purchased pre-washed organic baby spinach in the bag and a container of sliced mushrooms.
Gluten Free Alert: gluten hides in some brands of chicken stock… so be mindful of that fact when purchasing it.
3 large chicken breasts, de-boned and skinned
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
½ lb. fresh mushrooms sliced thick
1 clove minced garlic
6 oz. fresh baby spinach
2 large tomatoes, quartered
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup chicken broth
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
2 tablespoons white wine (optional and omit during Phase 1 – Sugar Detox)
salt and pepper to taste
- Slice chicken breasts diagonally into 4 thinner slices. Melt butter in non-stick skillet and saute chicken until lightly browned and thoroughly cooked (medium-high heat).
- Remove chicken to serving platter. Add mushrooms and saute until done. Add fresh spinach and garlic and saute until spinach is wilted.
- Lower heat and add cream, broth and cheese to spinach/mushroom mixture in skillet. Add pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with a sprinkle of parsley if desired.
- Place tomato around the chicken and serve.